Have questions about your clip-in hair extensions? Use our Deux Luxe support page to get answers to our most frequently asked questions or contact us to get additional support.
Wear and Care
- Match your hair color from midshaft to ends, not at the root.
- If there isn’t an exact match you can…
- Choose a lighter or darker level,
- Choose an ombre’ color.
- Choose a color that will add highlights or lowlights to your natural hair.
- If you are not comfortable choosing a color from the website, you can either order color swatches online or visit our salon locator to find a stylist near you that has our color swatches.
- Finding a stylist experienced with extensions is great because they can cut them to blend into your natural hair for a more natural look.
We suggest taking your extensions to a stylist experienced with hair extensions so that they can show you where to best apply them. Having your extensions cut and blended into your natural hair will give them a more natural look. We have included diagrams that your stylist can use to fill in the best placement for you.
- Brush your hair often with a paddle brush from the ends to the top where the clips are to help prevent tangles.
- Never sleep in them! You will wake up with tangles and could damage your own hair.
- Never shower or swim in them! This really shortens the life of your extensions.
- Use minimal styling products on your extensions.
- If you curl your hair often a good heat protectant is great, but stay away from hair sprays and any ingredients with alcohol in them that may dry them out.
- Coloring them is not recommended because it can cause the hair to dry out faster.
- If you do choose to color them, we suggest that you take them to a stylist who has experience with coloring extensions.
- Every time that you remove your extensions, gently brush each panel from the ends to the top where the clips are with a paddle brush.
- Gather them together and fold them to fit inside of your Deux Luxe²
- Secure them with the straps and snap the pouch closed.
- You can fold the bag in half and store it in a drawer -or- use the loop at the top to hang them on a hanger in your closet.
- Only wash your extensions if you really need to. The more that you wash them the shorter their lifespan.
- If you wear them daily, once a month should be sufficient. If you only wear them a couple of times a month, only wash them after 20-30 wears or so.
- Before you wash them, gently brush each panel from the ends to the top where the clips are to remove any tangles.
- You can hold all of the panels together with either a hair tie or hair clip to make them easier to manage if you wish.
- Fill the sink with warm (not hot) water and a small amount of a good moisturizing shampoo. You can find a list of some products that we like on our website.
- Gently squeeze the shampoo through the pony tail without scrubbing it.
- Drain the sink and rinse the hair with warm water to remove the shampoo.
- Lay the hair on a dry towel, roll it and gently squeeze it to remove most of the water from the extensions.
- Next, apply a good hydrating masque and gently comb (or use a wet brush) through each panel to remove tangles. The longer you leave the masque on the better. Most suggest leaving them on for 10-30 minutes or overnight.
- If you choose to leave the masque on overnight, lay it out flat on a towel to dry.
- The next day, rinse out the masque with warm water, gently roll them in a towel again, and comb or brush them out gently panel by panel.
- Lay them on a towel overnight to dry and you will have amazingly clean and soft extensions!
IMPORTANT! BEFORE YOU OPEN THE SEALED PACKAGE, you need to open the small pouch on the top where the color swatch is. You want to use the color swatch to make sure that you picked the right color by matching it to your hair from mid-shaft down to the ends. You don’t want to match the color to the top of your head because the extensions won’t be seen there. You will see the extensions blended into your natural hair from the mid-shaft down to the ends. If you don’t think that it will be a good match, you can contact us and swap out your color. However, after you open the sealed package we cannot swap it out – for sanitary reasons.
- Each package is made up of the following:
- Panel A has 4 clips and is 8” wide (1 panel)
- Panel B has 3 clips and is 6” wide (1 panel)
- Panel C has 3 clips and is 5” wide (2 panels)
- Panel D has 2 clips and is 4” wide (2 panels)
- Panel E has 2 clips and is 2” wide (2 panels)
Applying Deux Luxe² clip-in hair extensions is fast and easy. After you get used to where each panel is applied it will only take you about five minutes to apply them. Watch our short video below or review the Standard Placement instructional card that came packaged with your Deux Luxe² Clip-In Hair Extensions. If you want a perfect blend of if you feel that you need a custom application due to the existing style of your natural hair, we highly recommend taking your Deux Luxe² Clip-In Hair Extensions to a stylist who specializes in hair extensions. They can help you with the perfect placement (no two heads are the same size and shape) and can cut them to blend in seamlessly with your natural hair.
Full Instructions for applying your Clip-in Hair Extensions
- First, get used to how to open and close the clips by gently bending them back and forth. You’ll hear them snap when you open and close them.
- Snap all the clips open and lay out all the panels.
- Group them together by the letters on the back of each panel: A, B, C, D & E.
- Next brush your natural hair thoroughly to get out any tangles you may have. You’ll also want to have a hair clip or two handy and a brush.
Before you begin we are going to talk about how to hide any short layers around your face, if you have any. This step will give your extensions a more natural look.
- Gather your short layers and pull them back into a ponytail at the nape of your neck. Twist the hair and wind it into a mini-bun and secure with a bobby pin or two at the nape of your neck.
Here’s a tip if you have very fine hair or very silky textured hair.
- After you make each section and before you apply the extensions, you can take a fine-toothed comb or a rattail brush and back comb your hair at the root. That will give the clips on the extensions more texture to grab onto and reduce the possibility of them slipping down once they are applied. This is not a necessary step but is a great tip if you need it.
Begin by sectioning your hair 1” up from your hairline at the nape of your neck. Clip the rest of your hair up and out of your way.
- Select the first panel marked (C) with 3 clips (5” wide) and brush it thoroughly from the bottom to the top before applying them. Brush each panel the same way before application.
- Hold the panel just below your part and line up the panel to center it against your head. Apply the middle clip(s) into your hair first and clip them shut. Always work from the center out to each side if there are more than two clips.
Your next section should be approximately 1” up from your first row. Section your hair and clip the rest of it up and out of your way.
- Apply the second panel marked (C) with 3 clips (5” wide).
Your next section should be approximately 1” up from your second row.
- Apply the third panel marked (B) with 3 clips (6” wide).
Your next section should be approximately 1” up from your third row.
- Apply the fourth panel marked (A) with 4 clips (8” wide). Panel (A) should end up near the top of your ear.
Now you will apply your side panels. You can begin on either side of your head by sectioning 1” up from your ear and 1” in from your hairline. Clip the rest of your hair up and out of the way.
- Apply the first panel (D) with 2 clips (4” wide).
Next, section approximately 1” up from the bottom row (D) and 1” in from the hairline around your face.
- Apply the first panel (E) with 2 clips (2” wide).
Now you can repeat the same process on the other side of your head with the remaining panels (D) and (E) and your application will be complete.
Ordering and Payments
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express), as well as, PayPal. You will need the following credit card information when ordering. We do not accept checks or money orders.
- Credit Card number
- Expiration Date
- 3 or 4 digit security code
- Billing address that your credit card statement is mailed to
- Name on the front of the card
All prices listed on the website are in US (USD) dollars. For international orders, the bank that has issued your credit/debit card determines the exact exchange rate that you will be charged. Please note we cannot be held responsible for any discrepancies caused by exchange rate fluctuations.
Please visit the Shipping & Delivery page for information on shipping prices and guidelines.
Yes, you are responsible for all exchange shipping costs. Please call us at 866-885-1689 for instructions.
We will send you the replacement color after we have received, inspected and confirmed that the returned hair extensions were not opened, worn or damaged.
Human hair extensions are considered a hygienic product. We take matters of hygiene and public safety seriously and do not allow opened items to be returned or exchanged for the safety of all our customers.